As an Outlook and exchange user, you might be aware that it is not easy to restore orphaned Exchange database file into Live Exchange server. There are so many obstacles when it is to convert online/offline Exchange EDB files into PST files all because of damage issues, counting troubles and so on. It is easy to backup live Exchange server database into PST and may also import PST file into Live MS Exchange using some useful solutions. On the contrary if we think in the same manner we can import EDB files into Live MS Exchange server it is really troublesome as there is absence of powerful commands or functionalities available in Exchange Admin Centre to accomplish such a task.
There are some instances where you wanted to recover only few selected mailboxes from EDB files to MS Exchange without affecting mailboxes as well as functions. If you are Exchange 2010 or 2013 user then it is possible to accomplish via database recovery process that aims at providing functions to mount EDB file to Exchange without causing live database.
Manual steps for EDB to PST: Here are some of the steps required for performing EDB file recovery such as:
- Run ‘Windows server backup’ and then press ‘Recover’
- Choose the location where EDB files are stored. Choose your Own server location or some other server location
- Choose date as well as time for restoration and then move to the next step
- It will ask you what you need to recover and various options appear in this regard.
- Select the files and folders recovery if you want to recover just EDB files and then turn onto Next. If you wish to recover Exchange server live database then choose ‘Application’
- Expand tree from left panel and then locate the location of EDB file and then move to ‘Next’
- Choose the destination location for restoration
- Confirm the task and move for recovery
- After getting with the recovery process, import and mount the database file to Exchange.
The manual steps to convert online/offline Exchange EDB files into PST file seem tough and time consuming. Instead, make ultra use of third-party software application such as EDB to PST Converter and find easy to implement steps. This application is fast and less time consuming as compared to manual method. Thus make use of third-party tool rather than choosing manual approach. Get visit Official Page: http://www.kdetools.com/edb-to-pst-converter.html
Read Microsoft Blog: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/FREE-EDB-to-PST-Converter-8dfa0ea4